Jim Hendry’s Christmas Wish List
A CubHub.net exclusive! We have intercepted Jim Hendry’s Christmas wish list! Yes, even the Cubs GM makes requests of Santa Claus and the Clark-Addison Cubs fan blog has obtained his 2009 Christmas wishes.
Sources familiar with the matter indicate Mr. Hendry has petitioned Jolly Ol’ St. Nick to aid him in his turnaround of the Cubs baseball franchise. Here is an excerpt of little Jimmy’s lengthy wish list:
- A slick fielding, prototypical lead-off hitter who is also a good citizen.
- Stock up on coffee, it’s going to take a while to find a taker for Milton Bradley.
- A durable, reliable, young starting pitcher who is mentally stable and also a good citizen.
- A six-pack of lightning in a bottle because I always seem to try and find that on the waiver wire scrap heap anyway.
- For my iPod, the new release from The Baseball Project, “Vol. 1: Frozen Ropes and Dying Quails”
- A copy of Baseball America’s 2010 Prospect Handbook to brush up on minor league players that may have a major league impact. Especially important to learn about players in my own organization.
- The Bill James 2010 Baseball HandbookÂ to see how those new-fangledÂ sabremetricians value players. Maybe it’s possible that good righties might be more valuable than mediocre lefties?
- 50 Bosses Worse Than Yours by Justin Racz – just in case this Ricketts guy turns out to be a tool.
- A wirelessÂ Kindle eReader to easilyÂ take all these books with me on the road as I evaluate players, attend meetings and scout spring training facilities.
- Tickets to Las Vegas – before the season to place my bets on aÂ sure winner! But if 2010 is anything like the 2009 season, I’ll just want to get away.
Santa, please don’t think me ungrateful for your granting of my single wish from last year – for the team to be sold away from the Tribune Company. I do appreciate that.Â But now fans will expect me to produce a winner, and well, I will need all the help I can get to make that happen. Will you help me?
November 24, 2009 Tags: 50 Bosses Worse Than Yours, Baseball America, Baseball Handbook, Bill James, Christmas, coffee, iPod, iTunes, Jim Hendry, Kindle, lightning in a bottle, Milton Bradley, Prospect Handbook, Santa Claus, The Baseball Project Posted in: book, Jim Hendry, lineup, oddities