5 reasons to go to a Cubs game this year
Ok, so this season is a wash from a baseball perspective. But there is still something to be said about the experience of going to a Cubs game at historic Wrigley Field. Here are five reasons to head on out to the ballgame, despite the awful record of the 2010 Chicago Cubs:
- There is no better place to watch a baseball game than the Friendly Confines of Wrigley Field. And this year is probably offers more bargains for the consumer since the 90’s. You should easily be able to find tickets to most any game at or below face value through:Â Â Â Stub Hub | Ticket Network | Gold Coast TicketsÂ | added bonus: food and non-alcoholic beverages are discounted 20% up to an hour before game time!
- Andre Dawson Day – Monday August 30th. The Cubs will honor The Hawk with pre-game ceremonies including a “special gift” for Andre.
- Harry Caray statue re-dedication – Wednesday September 1st. Join Dutchie Caray, Tom Ricketts and Budweiser in re-dedicating the Harry Caray statue recently moved from Sheffield & Addison to the bleacher enterance at Sheffield & Waveland. Holy cow, any excuse for a party, right?
- Billy Williams Day –Â Wednesday September 7th. The Cubs will honor the Sweet Swinger with a bronzed likeness to be unveiled in pre-game ceremonies as well as on field ceremonies honoring the Hall of Fame and Cubs legend.
- Public Servant Appreciation Nights – The Cubs will honor the US Military on Aug 30th, Firefighters on Sept 7th, and Law Enforcement on Sept 22nd.